Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Topic 6 - Tasks 3-4

Time Management

There are numerous ways that I could implement time management into my daily life. For starters, I always seem to underestimate how long it will really take me to get ready to go somewhere, thus I am constantly late. If I could be realistic and give myself enough time, I would be on time more often to events. I also tend to waste needed time in useless ways, such as by daydreaming in school if I'm bored...and if I could just grit my teeth and bear through things I don't particularly like to do, I'd definitely find myself with less make-up work to do later. It would also probably help if I wore a watch, that way I'd know what time it was all day without having to search through my purse or wherever to find my cell phone.

I always seem to be overwhelmed with obligations, and my approach to that is almost always to procrastinate. I've gotten better, however, in just doing as much as I possibly can as soon as I possibly can; so that I don't wind up with even more obligations later and at least got something done. Something is generally better than nothing.

Task IV - Weekly Service Learning Journal
My personality type results from the gacollege411 website from topic 5 (that's what test this task is talking about, isn't it?) don't really correspond with the types of volunteer work I've found to do to make up my hours. I just look for work wherever I can, liking it or not. Knowing myself, I'm certain that I'll have many challenges in the careers (filmmaker, writer, etc). I want to pursue. A huge part of it comes with college -- I don't have a very good track record with school. If I was genuinely interested in what I was studying, I might be more motivated to perform better, but either way -- I have to polish the skills I already possess until they shine, which a college can be good for. If I don't, I won't be able to do all of the things I long to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment